- Unless otherwise specified, this Web Site and its contents are property of GCB. The copyright in the material contained on this Web Site belongs to Kernel Press UG (haftungsbeschränkt) or its licensors.
- As a user of this Web Site you shall not use it for unauthorized or illegal purposes such as (but not limited to):
GCB strives to provide a stable internet platform but cannot guarantee this service. Temporary interruptions of service may occur as a consequence of system disturbances, maintenance work, malfunction of internet providers or other unexpected causes. GCB is not responsible for the steady availability of its technical systems, the completeness, or actuality of the information provided to the User or for errors of data transfer.
All articles published by GCB are licensed in accordance with the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) or the Creative Commons 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver (CC0 1.0) as respectively specified in every article. For license details see http://creativecommons.org.
This website and its content is provided for use ”as is”. GCB does not make any express or implied warranty as to the completeness or accuracy of the information provided, its merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, especially those provided in the published articles. The same applies for the non-infringement of any third person’s rights, such as intellectual property rights.
In any case GCB’s liability is excluded unless set out otherwise in the following provisions:
- hacking, modifying or performing activities being suitable to affect the functionality of this Web Site
- breaking intellectual property laws or posting legally protected content (e.g. by copyright, trademark, patent, industrial design or utility patent law)
- making available any kind of distasteful, racist or offensive material or defaming third parties
- making available any kind of non-solicited material (unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, spam emails, etc)
- conduct or promote actions which are unfair competition, including progressive user recruitment (like those known for example as chain, snowball or pyramid schemes)
- obtaining personal information from others
- impersonating another person or misrepresenting your own affiliation
- falsely implying that some other site or product is associated with Genomics and Computational Biology or Kernel Press UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
The Web Site of GCB provides links to other sites but GCB is not responsible or liable for the content and availability of these sites.
GCB reserves the right to cancel and terminate your access to this Web Site at any time without notice.
This Web Site is available in the English language only.
You agree to comply with all applicable local laws in the country in which you reside and with the law of the Federal Republic of Germany, including laws regulating copyright, on-line activities and transmission of data.
Individuals playing an active role in producing the scientific content of the Web Site of GCB, such as authors, editors and reviewers, additionally agree to aim for good and fair scientific practice such as (but not limited to) the following basic principles: avoid misconduct (e.g. data fabrication, falsification and plagiarism), declare conflicts of interest, respect and acknowledge the work of other scientists, ensure that Research is justified and lawful, and present scientific data and results objectively and honestly.
In the case that you detect an infringement of copyright or intellectual rights regarding your work, you may send a notice to GCB requesting that the material be removed from this Web Site. Please send an email with a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed to Support@GenomicsComputBiol.org.
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with German Law.
- GCB shall be liable for damages caused intentionally or with gross negligence, caused by GCB or its legal representatives or subcontractors.
- GCB shall be liable for death, personal injury or damage to health caused by the intent or negligence of GCB, its legal representatives or subcontractors.
- GCB shall be liable for damages arising from the lack of any warranted feature up to the amount, which is covered by the purpose of the warranty and which was foreseeable for GCB at the time the warranty was given.
- GCB shall be liable for damages caused by the breach of an essential obligation of this Agreement (Kardinalpflicht) by GCB, its legal representatives or subcontractors. Essential obligations are such duties, of which a breach can put the achievement of the Agreement’s purpose at risk, which were decisive for the performance of the Agreement and on the compliance of which you may rely. If GCB breaches such essential obligations through simple negligence, liability is restricted to the amount which was foreseeable by GCB.